Wednesday, April 27, 2011

KARING FOR KARSYN


This little girl is named Karsyn Bratch. She is not my grandchild, or my niece, or a cousin or a distant relative of any kind. She is just a little girl I have known for a few years that I feel and care very deeply about.

Karsyn is just like most other eight-year-old girls. She loves tattoos's, picking on her little "brother", FLARP (an obnoxious form of silly putty that sounds like....you guessed it!). But, Karsyn is different than my little eight-year-old grand daughter, Gabi. She is different from my little niece, Abby, who lives in Miami.

Karsyn is blind....and she has cancer. And, she has had cancer since she was so little she probably can't remember a time when she could see well or didn't have to undergo chemo or radiation. What a crappy life for a little kid, right?

That's exactly how I feel about it! I truly believe God put Karsyn on earth to teach us all the importance of living for NOW...of being grateful for TODAY! That being said.....how can I help this child, this family?

In Mid-May, Karsyn will be undergoing her 4TH round of PROTON RADIATION and/or CHEMOTHERAPY! That is 5 weeks of grueling days of lying still while a radiation beam tries to kill the cancer growing around your spine. That is 35 days of keeping up confidence and hope and joy and thoughts of the promise of a future....Could you do it? Could I?

I would like to think that if I were placed in the position of Karsyn that I could be positive. That I could inspire others to want to live each day to the fullest. I don't know if I have it in me.

But, I do know that Karsyn Bratch does! Everytime I see her....she is an eight-year-old. I would like to forget how ill she is. When I talk to her mother, I see incredible strength coming from inside an absolutely beautiful woman. If you visit her at home, the family is so "normal" you wonder if she could possibly be so ill!!!

So, this is my commitment to Karsyn and Linette. I will help you in any way that I can to at least alleviate financial worries from your life. I will provide any substenance that I can to make your life easier.

That being said....A benefit to raise money to help offset the ancillary costs of Karsyn's illness will be held JUNE 11, 2011 in the parking lot of Wabash Realty. 807 North Cass Street....yeah, it used to be Video Sideline!! We will be serving RICHVALLEY TENDERLOINS with chips, a drink, a dessert....there are bands playing that day....a clown doing balloon magic...all for $7.00 a person.

After tomorrow night's organizational kick-off meeting (which you can attend if you would like to help Karsyn)....7 p.m. at Bachelor Creek.....tickets are ready for purchase!! Or, you can donate your time. Maybe a couple cartons of soft drinks....anything to help raise funds for her.

Why is this so important to me? Three words: Gabrielle, Izabielle, Alison Rebecca. They are perfect little girls. No tumors growing in them. A lifetime ahead of dreams...goals...a future.

Help me help Karsyn. All I am asking is the price of one ticket....Seven bucks. Think of a gallon of gas by July 4 or a ticket for a little child who has been dealt an absolutely crummy hand. Which makes you feel better paying out???? I thought so......Call me!!!

Becki
260-571-4988
260-782-2192

2 comments:

  1. are you going to get t-shirts made to sell or for volunteers? if so i know the lady at high 5 sports in north manchester and she would do a great job for us! just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will bring up at meeting tonight.
    Good idea!!

    ReplyDelete