Thursday, May 5, 2011

Karing for Karsyn Kampaign Moves Into FULL SWING



WOW! What a week we have had!! It's hard to believe we have only been organized one week and so much has happened already!!!!


As of tonight's meeting, 204 tickets have been sold.


Rhonda Dale, Chair for the Sharp Creek Elementary Penny Wars, brought in $1,142 this evening....that represents TWO DAYS of kids robbing their piggy banks to help Karsyn!!!! Right now, Mrs. McCaslin's class is ahead....and that is the class that Karsyn is in!!!


Rhonda reports that Metro North is now doing a Penny drive, and the second grade class at Southwood Elementary (they are pen pals with the 2nd grade class from Sharp Creek) is doing a Penny drive in Mrs. Denney's class.


WAY TO GO, KIDS!!!! It is absolutely wonderful to see children get involved and learn to give and care for others! I have had reports from mother's who have said their children took money they had been saving for something they especially wanted, and took it to school for Karsyn instead! God works in the most wonderful ways!


For me, personally, my Thanks for the week goes to Bachelor Creek Church of Christ. They have agreed to be the keeper of the funds for us. Silly me thought I could go set up an account at a bank and put the money there! Not so! I needed a Federal Tax I D number and a letter of resolution....and I was afraid the Federal Tax ID number might take weeks!!! Thank you, Rev. David and Stan Wilmert!!


Tiffany Barton and Katina Beavers have worked with 'the paper' and KISS 105.9 and we now have courtesy advertising in 'the paper' and an interview the week of the fundraiser! Thanks to both of you and to 'the paper' and KISS.


The Northfield Key Club is working with the sixth grade and second grade at Sharp Creek on two blankets to be auctioned off the day of the fundraiser, June 11. Christina Sapusek and Amanda Richardson came to the meeting and told how the 60 member Key Club wanted to be involved!! We need all the help and support we can get!!! If anyone reading this has an item they would like to contribute for the Silent Auction, please contact Rhonda Dale, Krista Hoover or myself. We will be glad to come and pick it up!!!


A Karing for Karsyn poster will be going out to all the area churches within the next week or so, asking them to mention in their church flier. If anyone out there would like to sell tickets at their church, or circle meeting, Sunday School class, etc., please contact me and I will get you tickets.


Ron Garlits reports the line-up for bands on June 11. They are:


Small Town from Noon to 1


Mike McGriff, folk singer, from 1-2


A surprise band, featuring Bobby V and friends from 2-4


God's Country from 4-7


We will be requesting that people park downstairs at 807 North Cass St. so that the upstairs parking lot can be used for tables and chairs, walk-ups, etc. There will be signage that day to help people know where to go and volunteers will help direct traffic.


Sheryl Bishop reports that 45 plus businesses in Wabash have either electronic signs or changeable signage at their business. Sheryl and myself are going to be contacting each business to see if they will put up the info for the fundraiser a couple of days prior to June 11.


I heard from Brian Howenstein of True Value Hardware. He is donating proceeds from the Weber grill Demo Day on May 14 to Karing for Karsyn. So, all of you get out to True Value and buy a hamburger or hot dog on that day....and while you're at it, support Brian and the hardware by taking home a few nuts and bolts as well!!


Kathy Eviston announced that Etna Acres Golf Course, State Hwy 124, will close the greens on May 18 for a Karing for Karsyn Golf Scramble IF 18 TEAMS SIGN UP!


They will be charging $50 for 18 holes, with $20 going for green fees and the other $30 being given to the Karing for Karsyn Kampaign. If you know you would like to play, please call Etna Acres at 260-468-2906 and reserve your group, or Kathy Eviston at 765-981-2820. Don't wait!!! Call soon so they know they have enough to close the greens for that day!


As of this writing, I have not heard whether or not Linette and Bill have any news from St. Jude's.


My prayer for the day: Dear Lord, You have put Karsyn in our lives for a purpose. Thinking of her and her family each day brings out the best in me to want to help her, and others like her. I thank you for my healthy grandkids and for not having to go through the terrible devastation that comes with cancer. I ask that you use me and any talents that I possess for the glory of your name in helping Karsyn and her family. I would love to ask for a miracle for Karsyn, but I know that your will be done. I will ask for a clear, sunshiny day on June 11...slight breeze and not to hot, please! Could you do this for me, Lord? In your name I pray!



Update you all next week! If you want to pass this on to friends, all you have to do is cut the www.karingforkarsyn.com at the top of page and paste it into a new e-mail and send out to your list of friends!


Becki Wagoner

No comments:

Post a Comment